I am participating in a writing exercise for at least the next month. Today’s (or yesterday’s) task is to write this list, so here goes…..
(1) I’ve learned that being a follower of Jesus does not guarantee a life of ease or convenience or complacency or entitlement.
(2) I’ve learned that being a follower of Jesus pretty much entails challenge and suffering and hardship and inconvenience and unsettledness (no place to lay one’s head) and sacrifice.
(3) I’ve learned that being a follower of Jesus is very, very satisfying journey despite (and perhaps because of) the challenges, which result in growth.
(4) I’ve learned that I have a lot more flaws than I originally thought.
(5) I’ve learned that God has more grace for me than I thought possible.
(6) I’ve learned that others often have fewer bad motives than I sometimes think.
(7) I’ve learned that God often wants to express grace through me.
(8) I’ve learned that there is beauty in the suffering we endure.
(9) I’ve learned that we are beautiful to God who created us in his image.
(10) It may sound trite, but I’ve learned that there is much more to learn…. and that is very exciting to me.